Turner & Townsend's client is seeking a Project Manager to manage the design for several large-scale ground-up data center construction projects. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the client’s West Coast region.
The design manager will be responsible for managing the design process and the Architect/Engineer from master planning/basis of design stage through issuance of construction drawings.
The design manager will manage a very fast, diverse and rapidly changing design program. The ideal candidate will have 8-15 years’ relevant experience and the ability to be highly effective in a client facing role.
- Work with General Contractor (GC) and Architect/ Engineer (AE) to create and establish the Master Project Schedule.
- Coordinate Design Team activities.
- Ensure AE is effectively delivering the against the City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc.
- Coordinate Constructability review of project documents.
- Drive design meetings and provide continual input to optimize design and minimize unnecessary work.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with Construction Project Manager, and other consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Track and manage external design and cost issues.
- Manage distribution and production of project workload within team.
- Collaborate on new design issues and research projects with team.
- Ensure drawings are accurate and precise.
- Assist internal and external customers.
- Meet with stakeholders to obtain design input and signoff.
- Formal Project Management methods.
- Cross functional team participation in a high-tech, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs.
- Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Be exceptional at discerning the path forward given a set of problems or problem statements.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
Bachelor of Science in one of the following:
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Experience in data center construction or other heavy industry is preferred.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.
Submit all applications here