Turner and Townsend seeks a Senior Project Controls Specialist, working in the capacity as an owner’s site based controls representative. This is a great opportunity to help grow a team.
The role will be on a fast paced, large scale technical project. The successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of cost and project controls from preconstruction to close out. Working closely with the both the Turner & Townsend team and the owner.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Project Controls or Cost Management.
- Extensive experience in one of the Project Controls disciplines.
- Technical work experience Construction Management or related field.
- Member of a Professional Institute preferred.
- Degree qualifications preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
- Experience with cloud based software.
- Strong and professional communication skills.
- Self Motivated and proactive.
- Experience with cost loaded schedules.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- P6 scheduling knowledge preferred.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, and recommendations, delay analysis.
- Budget Management and Tracking.
- Updating owner cost tracking software.
- Providing review reports.
- Setting and attending change control and cost meetings as required.
- Monitoring field progress, Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis.
- Document control.
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed.
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting.
- Tracking of all key project documents, including change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Collect and track receipt of all close out documents until completion, including warranties, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
Submit all applications here