Turner & Townsend is growing our Cost Controls service for our nationwide high tech, residential, commercial, data center, manufacturing client base and are looking for outstanding talent at all levels.
We are looking for an ambitious cost manager or estimator with exceptional communication skills to work in a client-facing role with one of our high-profile technology clients. The role, which will be co-located in the client's New York offices, is to provide estimating services to the Engineering team on the client's data center program.
While data center experience is preferred, the ideal candidate will have a great understanding of delivering construction projects, be proactive and be able to effectively manage difficult stakeholders. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to gain broad exposure and accelerate their career development.
We reward our teammates with diverse opportunities, exposure to our industry-leading clients, and the latest training available to continuously learn and develop. Apply to be considered for upcoming hiring initiatives throughout the US!
Education and Experience:
- College degree in Quantity Surveyor, Engineering, Construction Management with a technical Focus or related technical field.
- College degree in relevant construction is preferred but not required.
- 5-8+ years’ experience in the construction industry.
- 5-8+ years’ experience working on mission critical projects as a Cost Management Consultant (preferred) in data centers, high tech, manufacturing or life sciences or healthcare sectors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates excellent presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Solid technical experience in all cost management areas; planning, estimating, pre-contract post contract and final account.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level.
- Understands cost (material prices, labor, productivities) as well as commit profiles, cashflow, LLE dates, and overall project cost.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Experience with key aspects of business development.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- Proficient with collaborative, cloud-based software including Costx or other related computer software.
- Review and participate with the design services team and general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes that occur over the planning phase and assist the general contractor to ensure that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with general contractor and owner project manager to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate update.
- Prepare written comments to the general contractor’s submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions and suppliers direct from NPA, subs, quantities from A/Es,.
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.
Submit all applications here