Turner & Townsend is growing our Cost Controls service for our nationwide high tech, residential, commercial, data center, manufacturing client base and are looking for outstanding talent at all levels. We are looking for an experienced MEP Estimator responsible for providing mechanical and electrical estimates for our commercial, industrial, and high-tech building projects.
We reward our teammates with diverse opportunities, exposure to our industry-leading clients, and the latest training available to continuously learn and develop. Apply to be considered for upcoming hiring initiatives throughout the US!
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post contract and final account.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Thorough knowledge on Electrical, HVAC, fire alarm systems, plumping, lab process & fire protection.
- Good knowledge and experience gained within several industry sectors.
- Understanding of MEP Estimating and MEP Benchmarking best practices.
- Experience with key aspects of business development.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad Navisworks, and/or other related computer software.
- Demonstrates solid presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Provide interpretations of plans, project scope, detail sheets, and specifications for our MEP contractors/sub-contractors and engineers to ensure a comprehensive and mutual understanding of the project plan.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Perform all aspects of construction procurement including managing the pre-qualification stage, produce bid list, bid analysis, produce bid report, and compile contractual documents.
- Assist on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Coordinate onsite MEP construction activities.
- Provide leadership to cost management team when necessary and oversee the delivery on all accountabilities.
- Identify improvements for cost management procedures, templates, and products.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.
- College degree in Engineering, Construction Management with a Technical Focus, Quantity Surveyor, or related technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience preparing MEP cost estimates.
- Member of a Professional Institute preferred.
- Good understanding of all mechanical, process, electrical, and plumbing systems, as they relate to construction of projects.