Turner & Townsend is growing our Cost Controls service for our client in the San Francisco bay area and seeking a Cost/Project Controls specialist to support a ground-up data center construction project. The role will be responsible for all of the project's commercial and reporting activities, including managing the change order process, cash flow forecasting and project progress reporting. The role will be on a fast paced, large scale technical project. The successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of cost and project controls from preconstruction to close out. We reward our teammates with diverse opportunities, exposure to our industry-leading clients, and the latest training available to continuously learn and develop.
We reward our teammates with diverse opportunities, exposure to our industry-leading clients, and the latest training available to continuously learn and develop. Apply to be considered for upcoming hiring initiatives throughout the US!
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
- Experience with cloud based software.
- Strong and professional communication skills.
- Self Motivated and proactive.
- Experience with cost loaded schedules.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- P6 scheduling knowledge preferred.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, and recommendations, delay analysis.
- Budget Management and Tracking.
- Updating owner cost tracking software.
- Providing review reports.
- Setting and attending change control and cost meetings as required.
- Monitoring field progress, Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis.
- Document control.
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed.
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting.
- Tracking of all key project documents, including change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Collect and track receipt of all close out documents until completion, including warranties, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Project Controls or Cost Management.
- Minimum of 2 years technology driven mission critical experience eg. Pharmaceutical, Data Centers, Medical Facilities etc.
- Extensive experience in one of the Project Controls disciplines.
- Member of a Professional Institute preferred.
- Degree qualifications preferred.
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.