To ensure the provision of high quality administration and business development support for our small, friendly Taylor Wessing Menlo Park office.
Reports to and assists: Directors of Taylor Wessing (US) Inc and the rest of the Menlo Park team.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION: Taylor Wessing is a leading international law firm, working with clients in the world's most dynamic industries. Our industry focus has enabled us to develop market-leading expertise in Technology, Media and Communications (TMC), Life Sciences, Private Wealth and Energy. The firm's globally renowned expertise in intellectual property (IP) and technology underpins its strength in knowledge-based industries, With over 1,200 lawyers around the world, Taylor Wessing operates across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, offering an integrated service across the full range of practice areas. In the US, the firm also has representative offices in Menlo Park and New York. The core of the firm was created in 2003 by the merger of two major legal firms in the UK and Germany. Since then Taylor Wessing has grown and expanded into new jurisdictions and is now an international full-service law firm. The firm has been helping US businesses of all sizes to do business in Europe, the Middle East and Asia for many years. These businesses range from early stage businesses to some of the biggest corporations and brands in the world. As a result, Taylor Wessing has developed direct relationships with a wide range of US companies, supporting their growth and international expansion. Working as part of the US Inward Investment team and based in Menlo Park, this role will be instrumental in supporting the growth and continued success of Taylor Wessing in the US. This role requires a dynamic, flexible and resourceful self-starter who is capable and willing to undertake a wide range of activities to ensure the success of this growing venture within an established organization. The role offers a varied workload and, for the right candidate, an exciting opportunity to develop the role itself.
- Building Strong Relationships
- Ambitious for Clients
- An Instinct for Business
- Seeking Innovation
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES – GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Liaise with relevant departments and teams to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on office equipment
- Collating US office supplier invoices, arranging timely payment and reporting transactions to the TW financial team.
- Supporting the TW financial team on finance and administration matters. This is to include client and matter records, billing, timesheet administration and liaison with local suppliers, vendors, service providers and other parties
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
Client Relationship Support
- Support business development and marketing efforts with targeting and contact management
- Commission and/or undertake business development research as required to support business planning or specific business development initiatives such as targeting programmes, events, and contacts.
- Identify and undertake activities to raise the profile of Taylor Wessing in the USA to include carrying out the Taylor Wessing communications plan.
- Professionalism when attending networking events on behalf of the firm
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in the US legal sector and/or within a professional services environment
- Experience attending professional networking events and strong social skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in an international business environment would be an advantage
- Utilising cultural awareness skills to work effectively with international clients and colleagues
- Robust attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills
- A proactive, tenacious, creative and pragmatic attitude to getting things done
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, juggle priorities and deliver results
- A team-player
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels
- US National or eligible to work in the USA
Taylor Wessing is committed to an active equal opportunities policy from recruitment and selection to appraisals and promotion. All decisions relating to employment practice will be objective, free from bias and based solely on individual merit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Office Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- Menlo Park, CA (Preferred)