Infrastructure Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor
Turner & Townsend Trestle
Turner & Townsend seeks an experienced Infrastructure Cost Manager and/or Quantity Surveyor to work in a client-facing role with one of our high-profile technology client on large scale, fast paced commercial real estate projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Review and participate with the design services team and general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes that occur over the planning phase and assist the general contractor to ensure that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with general contractor and owner project manager to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate update.
- Prepare written comments to the general contractor’s submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions and suppliers direct from NPA, subs, quantities from A/Es,.
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- College degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveyor or related field.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience working on large commercial construction infrastructure/civil projects.
- Technical experience in all cost management areas; planning, estimating, pre-contract post contract and final account.
- RICS accredited or working towards is beneficial.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level.
- Understands cost (material prices, labor, productivities) as well as commit profiles, cashflow, LLE dates, and overall project cost.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Proficient with collaborative, cloud-based software including Costx or other related computer software.
- Experience with key aspects of business development.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.