Mechanical Estimator (Mep) – Commercial Construction
Turner & Townsend Trestle
Turner & Townsend seeks an experienced Mechanical or MEP Estimator who can meet client objectives through the delivery of an effective cost management service.
The role will be on a fast paced, large scale technical project. The MEP Estimator is responsible for providing mechanical estimates and cost consulting for commercial, industrial, and high-tech building projects.
While Mechanical estimating experience is required, Electrical and Plumbing Estimating experience is also a big plus (MEP).
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level.
- Assist on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Perform all aspects of procurement, including managing the pre-qualification stage, produce bid list, bid analysis, produce bid report, and compile contractual documents.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable refer major changes to line manager.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects, and ensure timely and accurate cost checking, and valuation process.
- Produce monthly post contract cost reports and present to client.
- Provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts.
- Maintain liaison with client and other consultants at all projects stages.
- Provide leadership to cost management team when necessary, ensure the delivery on all of accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and report such opportunities to appropriate line manager, and utilize marketing database.
- Identify improvements for cost management procedures, templates, and products, and refer ideas to appropriate line manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree in Engineering, Construction Management with a Technical Focus, Quantity Surveyor, or related technical field.
- Experience in commercial and high-tech real estate construction.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience preparing large-scale Mechanical cost estimates
- Good understanding of all mechanical as they relate to construction of projects.
- Construction experience with electrical, and plumbing systems a plus.
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post contract and final account
- Demonstrate solid presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCad Navisworks, and/or other related computer software.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, and be a team player.
- Good knowledge of all methods of construction procurement.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Experience with key aspects of business development.
- Good knowledge and experience gained within several industry sectors.