Project Manager / Owner's Representative
Turner & Townsend Trestle
Want to be part of the team helping one of the biggest technology companies in the world?
You have a chance to be a key player in the world’s technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
All of our data ‘in the cloud’ has to sit somewhere – and there’s a race to build the data centers the world needs to keep up with demand. Our client is part of that race, and they need you to be a part of making this happen.
Why it’s great to work with Turner & Townsend:
Turner & Townsend is one of the world’s biggest independent capital programs consultancies. Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects in over 130 countries.
All over the world people are using buildings, infrastructure and assets we helped to deliver. It could be the hospital they work in, the railway they travel on every day, the fuel that powers their car or the data center they depend on at work.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused – our clients value our pro-activeness, expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver.
Above all, we are committed to doing business in the right way - to achieve better outcomes for our people, clients and communities, making a bigger impact on the world we live in.
How do you fit in?
We are looking for a Project Manager - Owners Representative to support a ground-up data center construction project. The role will be responsible for all aspects of project delivery, from inception through to commissioning. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 years construction field experience and the ability to be highly effective in a client facing role.
You will also be responsible for:
- Pre-construction/ Design/ Planning.
- Work with GC and AE to create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones.
- Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs.
- Support contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client’s PM and legal counsel, including establishment of all GC “business terms” including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc..
- Coordinate Design Team activities.
- Ensure AE is completing the complete list of City and/or other Authority approvals process, permitting, etc..
- Coordinate Constructability review of the project documents.
- Provide / Gather cost estimates working with subs and other vendors for scope gaps/changes
- Coordinate Value Engineering effort.
- Manage GC and other directly contracted vendors by working with the onsite Construction Management team.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis.
- Ensure Budget Management and Tracking.
- Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis.
- Ensure document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc) process is in place.
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed and report any issues/gaps.
- Ensure tracking of all key project documents, including submittals, RFI’s, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc is being enforced.
- Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors working with supply chain and consultants.
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance with the client doc control team, setting timelines and responsibilities.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Ensure receipt of all close-out documents until completion, including warranties, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc..
- Ensure punch list, substantial completion and final completion process through onsite Construction management team.
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes.
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc..
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget.
- Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants.
- Formal Project Management methods.
- Cross functional team participation in a high-tech, dynamic environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs.
- Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
- MBA or Bachelors Degree in one of the following:
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- Project Management
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
- Experience in data center construction or other heavy industry is preferred.
- Construction field experience is preferred.