Senior Construction Scheduler - Sunnyvale, California, USA
Turner & Townsend Trestle
Turner and Townsend seeks a Senior Scheduler to partner with our team in a fast-paced, large one-of-a-kind large scale construction projects for our high-profile tech client.
The successful candidate will be responsible for schedule consulting at program level (overseeing many projects) in all areas of scheduling from preconstruction to close out. Working closely with the both the Turner & Townsend cost management / project controls team and the client.
• Program Management.
• Implementing best practices and reporting trends both internally and externally.
• Create and analyze project schedules using Primavera P6 and Tableau for a portfolio of multi-million dollar global projects Projects are diverse, ranging from high-tech mission critical scopes to office improvement works.
• Working independently is crucial.
• Create, manage, and oversee schedules using critical path method.
• Actively work with project managers and construction firms to maintain schedule integrity.
• Able to produce high level and 1, 3, 6 month look ahead from P6 for reporting.
• Working with Contractors and Sub Contractors on daily basis.
• Prepare and update monthly progress reports.
• Actively monitor and communicate any possible project issues that could delay the schedule.
• Working closely with various disciplines in project teams to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the schedules produced without compromising your independence as a scheduler so you are in a position to advise project management on issues requiring judgment.
• Experience working in a planning and scheduling position for engineering, procurement, maintenance and construction projects is essential.
• Program level construction experience is preferred.
• Commercial Real Estate, Data center and/or High-tech project experience, including commissioning and validation activities, is desirable.
• Familiarity with construction drawings, specifications and construction contracting.
• Ability to review and understand engineering, procurement and construction schedule logic.
• Capable of producing logic driven schedules from limited project information a conceptual schedule from initiation through to closeout; identify major phases through that timeline and be able to determine and discuss dependencies.
• Knowledge of system start-up sequences and major dependencies.
• Unifier knowledgeable preferred.
• Able to convert data into Tableau reports and graphics.
Skilled in Primavera (P6) to:
• create E2E master schedules using known techniques such as rolling wave planning (L2-3 detail).
• create detailed construction schedules incorporating s/c commitments (L4-5 detail).
• regularly updating schedules in-line with Program calendar following standard planning principles.
• resource loading schedules and producing management overview of over and underutilization effectively.
• identifying and trending movement to key float paths.
• quantity tracking using S-curves.
• Some cost engineering knowledge would be preferable.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills are required.
Education / Qualifications:
• Candidate should have a minimum of 7+ years of Scheduling experience in the Construction industry.
• BS Degree in Engineering or Business or related field; or demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
• EIT and Certification by AACE in planning/scheduling is preferred.