Mechanical Senior Construction Project Manager (Mep)
Turner & Townsend Trestle
Turner & Townsend seeks an experienced Mechanical or MEP Senior Project Manager to join the San Francisco bay area’s Commercial Real Estate team.
The Mechanical PM will have an opportunity to work on one of the largest new development and facility expansion projects in the Bay Area with our high-profile technology client.
While Mechanical construction project experience is required, Electrical and Plumbing Estimating experience is also a big plus (MEP).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Assume central role in the selection and appointment of a MEP contractor, including conducting interviews, assessing teams, scopes and tender returns; interrogating the financial proposals; making and advocating a recommendation for appointment.
- Review the MEP design, comment on level of completeness, be able to debate the time needed to rectify drawings, assist the Turner & Townsend director in signing off the Stage D and E design packs.
- Act as PM for the MEP works, attend weekly meetings with the contractor and MEP subcontractor, understand the risks to the client under a JCT D&B contract, be able to mitigate these risks, for example, by making sure sufficient site power is available for construction, or planning for the residential handover requirements.
- Provide technical input and guidance to the project team and consultants.
- Liaise with statutory authorities for provision of utility services.
- Provide technical assistance and back up to the Technical Director.
- Produce minutes, trackers, monthly reports in a timely manner as required by the Project Director.
Experience and competency in the following is strongly preferred:
- Must be familiar with commercial construction practices, contracts, GC’s and subcontractors, codes and regulations.
- Estimating, budgeting, and cost analysis experience is preferred, along with in-depth knowledge of construction processes and procedures, and contract administration.
- Must have expertise in project management techniques and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure appropriate communications and coordination across project delivery team, stakeholders, and vendors.
- Strong client relationship management skills to maintain positive relations between stakeholders and corporate leadership. Able to manage and delegate tasks to technical and non-technical support staff.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Reviewing / negotiating / establishing / critiquing project budgets, estimates, and GMP’s.
- Payment Application reviews and negotiation.
- Review, critique, and negotiation of change order and add service requests.
- Constructability reviews.
- Bidding, negotiation, and procurement processes.
- Submittal, shop drawing, and RFI review, monitoring and intervention.
- Contract Administration (lien releases, insurance certificates, subcontracts, retention).
- Close Out (punch list, as-builts, closeout packages, final payments).
Turner & Townsend is a leading independent professional services company specializing in program management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximizing value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.
We reward our teammates with diverse opportunities, exposure to our industry-leading clients, and the latest training available to continuously learn and develop. Apply to be considered for upcoming hiring initiatives throughout the US!
- 8+ years of proven post graduate Mechanical or MEP engineering experience, encompassing both design and site experience.
- 8+ years project management experience in the delivery of commercial, real estate and related construction projects.
- Education: Bachelor or Postgraduate degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent professional experience in the design and construction of commercial buildings preferred.