Our Private Client Services team is focused on Individual/Personal, Partnership, Trust & Estate/Gift, and Corporate Taxation. As part of this team you will mainly service our high net worth and family office clients.
As a Tax Senior, you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts: your technical and quality expertise and delivering excellent client service:
- Preparation of Tax returns (Individuals (1040), Trusts (1041 and 5227), Partnerships (1065), S and C-corps (1120), Gift (709) Charitable Organizations (990-PF))
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds reviewer’s and client’s expectations
- Provide training for interns and entry level staff
- Recognize and inform senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate
- Start providing detailed review of numbers on Tax returns
- Handle routine client tax questions, research tax issues, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance
- Travel to client sites as needed
- Minimum of 3+ years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in taxation
- Experience with Individual Taxation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field would be desirable but not required
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA Exam – or licensed JD
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- CPA, JD, or Enrolled Agent Designation
- Masters in Accounting
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation and research, review experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with a national, regional or local accounting firm is a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Line of Business:Tax Services
SubFunction:Private Client Services
Job Type:Full Time
Req #: req5547
Location: 44 Montgomery Street, Ste 3900, , San Francisco, CA
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor