· Following the firm’s established document processing methods and procedures, create, edit, spell check, and proofread work product to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Schedule and maintain timekeepers’ calendars, where appropriate. Maintain lawyer-client contact information and other pertinent information in the firm’s client contact database program.
· Input, review, edit, and close timekeepers’ time entries bi-weekly through the firm’s web-based time entry program using firm standards.
· Handle monthly client billing (paper and electronic billing). Review billing proformas for accuracy and completeness. Perform client and timekeeper inquiries and narrative edits.
· Prepare timekeepers’ expense reports in a timely manner. Arrange for payment of vendor invoices or checks to be drawn and charged to appropriate client/matter numbers.
· Coordinate travel arrangements through in-house Travel Department.
· Open new matters and generate client conflict checks. Coordinate with Records Department for file retrieval. Set up and maintain timekeeper’s work files, including daily and regular filing. Index and prepare files for off-site storage.
· Prepare annual and/or supplemental audit letter responses.
· Print and organize a variety of documents received in a range of formats, including emails, attachments and documents from CD, and receive and print faxes.
· As requested, answer telephones and accurately take and relay messages. Arrange for video conferencing and set up conference calls.
· Open and sort mail when appropriate. Prepare materials for mailing, including envelopes, labels and various forms. Prepare shipping labels using the firm’s computerized systems. Coordinate with the mailroom for distribution of internal/external deliveries.
· Handle photocopying projects and coordinate with Central Duplicating to handle large photocopying projects or specialized copy/binding needs.
· Fully support cluster as needed.
· Volunteer for overflow work.
· Assume responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all firm and client information, records and files, both within and outside of the firm.
· All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
· Respond to customer/client requests in a professional manner.
· Identify and respond to customer/client issues/problems in a timely manner and seek feedback/follow-up as appropriate.
· Build effective working relationships as appropriate.
· Demonstrate knowledge of the firm’s culture, practices, business, and structure.
· Demonstrate knowledge and adherence to basic firm policies, procedures, and processes.
· Take initiative beyond routine responsibility.
· Seek out and accept new responsibilities.
· Seek development opportunities to enhance skills.
· Own mistakes and take corrective action.
· Meet work deadlines as assigned.
· Meet firm standards for attendance and punctuality.
· Meet deadlines for all required firm processes, including timesheets, time entry, and other financial documentation.
· Work well independently.
· Demonstrate dedication to producing quality work product.
· Pay attention to detail when completing work assignments.
· Organize and prioritize workload appropriately.
· Utilize resources appropriately to complete work in the most efficient manner.
· Cooperate and demonstrate flexibility when facing change.
· Interact effective and courteously in person, by telephone, and in writing with attorneys, supervisors, and other business services employees.
· Proactively communicate the status of work.
· Understands the need to ask questions and seek guidance.
· Express thoughts clearly, accurately, and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Builds effective relationships with coworkers.
· Participate and contribute fully as a team member.
· Utilize available technology to carry out job responsibilities.
· Determine most appropriate technology to accomplish a given task.
· Seek ways to utilize technology to improve efficiency.
· Three (3)+ years of IP prosecution or trademark experience preferred.
· Three (3) years of legal administrative experience.
· Billing experience, including electronic billing, preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (2010).
· 60 wpm typing speed.
· Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, and communication skills.
· Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
· Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· College degree a plus.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., including one hour for lunch. Must be flexible for overtime.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.