Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
Department: Business Development and Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build Penningtons Manches’ international profile and brand:
- Work as a core member of the San Francisco team and, together with your UK counterparts and dedicated group of visiting lawyers, enhance the firm’s reputation for transatlantic work.
- Assist in the development of US-focused and client-facing marketing material, including brochures, fact sheets, event invitations and insight pieces.
- Curate and regularly update US webpage content.
- Manage a regular newsletter to the firm’s US contacts.
- Day to day management of the US office’s social media profile.
- Where required, represent the firm at industry conferences and events.
- Identify and target new clients and reinforce relationships with existing clients and intermediaries:
- Assist visiting UK partners with meeting coordination and introductions to prospective clients and referrers.
- Plan and execute networking events and content-driven seminars.
- Conduct research on target companies and develop an outreach strategy.
- Cross-sell the firm’s various practice areas to prospective clients and referrers.
- Coordinate a pipeline of prospective clients and database of venture capital firms interested in the UK.
- Track inbound and outbound referrals to better identify key intermediaries and work generated.
- San Francisco office administration:
- Maintain the US office’s marketing lists and pipelines on the CRM system.
- Coordinate internal updates on the intranet related to the US office.
- Assist with the San Francisco office’s business development budget.
- Maintain an internal calendar of partner visits.
- Manage office supplies.
About the firm:
Penningtons Manches LLP is a leading UK law firm which provides high quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals. We address the specific objectives of each client through our sector experience and technical expertise and offer a personal service founded on a strong team ethic.
Today, we have UK offices in the City of London, Basingstoke, Birmingham, Cambridge, Guildford, Oxford and Reading, with 110 partners and approximately 700 people in total. We have also established a presence in San Francisco since opening in the US in 2014. Our main areas of practice are dispute resolution, corporate and commercial, real estate, private client and family. We have several multi-disciplinary teams concentrating on a variety of industry sectors, including technology, life sciences, education, social housing, retail and international wealth.
Our US group is spearheaded by a small team based in San Francisco, of which you would be a core member. The group is supported by a dedicated, multidisciplinary team of lawyers who operate across all of our offices, including locally in San Francisco. We act for a diverse range of US individuals and globally ambitious businesses looking to expand their activity or do business outside of the US.
We have a broad international focus supported by well-established links with law firms throughout the world. Penningtons Manches is a member of Multilaw and the European Law Group, networks with representatives in over 70 countries, and many of our lawyers play leading roles in various international bodies.
- Preferred: 3-5 years of experience in a marketing / business development role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with a CRM system.
- Experience with Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize competing demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain relationships with a diverse group of colleagues and outside professionals.